Monday, April 8, 2013

An Update:

JoLyn's Passing...

My sweet JoLyn passed away on September 6th 2011 after a six month battle with pancreatic cancer.  It is now seventeen months and two days later.  It still stuns and stings.  I keep myself busy and I tell myself that it helps... We have been blessed with the birth of a handsome little grandson and our son Grant will be married to a beautiful girl on June 1st so life is good in many ways and does go on.  

I moved my mother into my home last December after she had a bad fall.  She will be 93 in June!  It is a joy to have her here close to us.

An Exclusive With Deseret Book
I was able to meet with Sheri Dew at Deseret Book and they have an exclusive with Hansen Classics.  They are bringing in select figurines to sell throughout their stores.  I hope that my mother's work will continue to bless lives and am grateful to Deseret Book for their support.

Thank you on behalf of my family for the many years you gave of loyal association.  May God bless you in your walk in life...

Chad

8 comments:

  1. I have been looking for the in the family circle statue...is this something that will be coming to Deseret Book soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO sorry to hear this. I didn't know. Is there any way to get any of your beautiful Nativity figurines, especially the Mary, Joseph and baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn Black search ebay for "Hansen porcelain faith" The Joseph and Mary one is being sold with the Faith one.

    I am looking for the grandmother one reading to her children. Anyone seen that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom has had the nativity set for years. It is so beautiful and cherished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have parts of the nativity.. Mary and Joseph, the cradle, an ox, a donkey, and a shepherd. I'd love to find a sheep or two!

      Delete
  5. I am also looking for the grand-mother sitting in her favorite chair reading to 2 (I think) of her grand- children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chad,
    I am looking for some information about a statue that your mother created for Miss Virginia Tanner. Any chance you can contact me? Your family gave us the mold and we still have it. We wanted to cast 25 of the statues for special recognition gifts over the next 25 years. We believe we have the blessing of your mother to do this, however we have no documentation. Can you help us?

    Thank you
    Ashley Boyack
    ashleyboyack@gmail.com
    801-441-9566

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family once lived near yours in Riverton. My parents still have some figurines that you gave to them back in the day. Had recently found out about your loss and I'm extremely sorry every time I look at them I think of you and your hardships. I'm so sorry

    ReplyDelete